Saturday, July 30, 2011

Holy Salsa!

Yesterday, thanks to a donation of free tomatoes from a local farm, we made salsa!!

We chopped, simmered, and sealed 51 quarts and 16 pints of SALSA!! Half for us and half for the Hardings!! Lots of sonic diet cokes with lime and a delicious lunch from Sequoia! It was a great (LONG!) successful day.

When you come over, it will be wise to bring a bag of tortilla chips!!

3 comments:

Renée said...

I neeeeeed your recipe! I just froze all 60lbs of mine because I have zero time to do anything with them. You are amazing to do them up so quickly!

Marissa said...

OH MY WORD, that is a buttload of salsa!!! Way to go!!!! I pity whoever had to cut the onions.

Mamawags said...

Renee-- I will get that to you!! (i'm not near my recipe book right now-- but I'll get it to you when I get back!)

We took turns on the onions Rissa! :)