Thursday, July 7, 2011

A day like James Marshall

Living in the Golden State of California, we have many opportunities to visit historic sites. Since Jim was unable to find any gold at Lake Tahoe :( When I realized that we would be driving right by the actual spot where gold was discovered at Sutter's Mill, we couldn't resist stopping! It was worth it! We loved the California Golden Poppies too!
After a quick tour of the museum we were off to find our fortune along the banks of the American River just a few feet north of where James Marshall discovered gold in 1848! *Can you tell I'm a teacher??
I don't think we have any pictures of Jim and Riley where they are not diligently searching for gold.
The girls and I entertained ourselves while we waited for a turn with the gold pans. We waited and waited.... ;)
Looking upstream on the American River!

No comments: