Monday, February 8, 2010

I Declare a Winner

I've decided that Wagdogz are a little competitive. I have no idea where it has come from-- I'm sure my little wagdoggiez just came wired for competition. Even when they were very little, they were easily motivated by:

-Who can clean up their toys first?
-Who can get their shoes on first?
-Who can get up to their room before they get spanked hugged?
-The person who can find the lost library book gets $5....
-Last one to touch their nose does the dishes...

I'm sure I failed somewhere at teaching motivation and instead my kids learned to love competition. Perhaps this is why they are disappointed when they earn a title like "5th in the State of CALIFORNIA!!" If we lived in Wyoming or Montana, I could understand the disappointment... but California?? It's like a nation in itself!!

Anyway, before I ramble on this post is too long. Here is the first installment of a new Wagdogz series titled "I Declare a Winner"....


5 comments:

Marissa said...

hahahaha!!!! I would have kicked both of their butts. Also, riley is super tall

Brittani said...

you guys make me laugh!

Heather said...

haha. I think I would've passed out...nice work guys! Now do it with root beer! ;-)

Cathy said...

Sweet-Riley!! Congrats!! And now try it with milk!

The Amazing Trips said...

I love it!! I do that to our children ALL THE TIME. There really is no other way to get my 5-yo triplets out of the house in less than two hours, unless I say, "The first one to get dressed, put on their shoes, put away their pajamas, go potty, FLUSH, and get in the car - buckled up - wins! Ready? Set? GO!

Then, I usually have to offer a quarter to the winner and it's like a mad dash. Heck, I'd pay 100X that to get them out of the house with as little pain as possible. But if they'll do it for $0.25, all the better! :)