Friday, October 12, 2012

Last day in Newport

 On our last evening in Newport, we decided to drive down to 'The Wedge'

This is a popular boogie boarding and surfing spot because the waves are awesome!! A few of our crowd even ventured into the waters to swim.  It was treacherous.  Jessica got eaten by a big wave-- it was awful.  She was a great sport and still got back in afterwards.
 courageous swimmers!

 lovin' those aviators!

 the daring swimmers and poor Jessica draining saltwater from her head, lungs, etc.!!

 andee and me :)

 sorry the pictures didn't turn out better boys...

 it was fun to watch!!

Kevin & Jessica brought an activity/contest for us!

We all got a small canvas, a paint brush, and a the ocean!  We each had to paint. We could paint whatever we'd like!  I'm sorry I don't have pictures of everyone's masterpieces!!  Kevin was voted the winner.  That means he brings the activity/contest for next year!!  I'm hoping to hang these somewhere in the house as a collection :)

 Here is Jim's masterpiece!

Our last peaceful night.  Jim and I are very blessed. We have healthy, beautiful, smart children who have made great choices in their lives.  We are very fortunate. :)

Thanks kids for a great vacation!!

No comments: