Destination Bakersfield.
Sometimes the trip from Provo to Bakersfield (or vice versa) is not the best. Traffic can be obnoxious ridiculous. If there is one, just one, stupid horrible car crash traffic can be stopped for hours. Literally.
On our trip home we were pleased to find the traffic past Las Vegas to be mysteriously wonderfully smooth. Until we left Barstow that is. Then we hit it. Completely stopped traffic.
Have no fear. The Camster is here!!
With GPS what could go wrong? We decided to take a different route to pass the problem, whatever it was. We started out on paved roads....
Then the pavement ended.
Holy Moly. There we were off roading on the dirt road. After awhile we saw no civilization in any form. No lights. No buildings. No people. No other cars!
However, GPS said we could get through. Then disaster. The road we were traveling down no longer appeared on the GPS. What? Ya. Crazy. I started having visions of our family on the show "I shouldn't be alive." I had just read an article in my "Reader's Digest" about how smart, logical people make the dumbest decisions when faced with a problem.
Oh man. I was sure that I read the article in hopes that I could intervene and prevent us from some imminent disaster. We traveled forward. It was too late to go back. We figured the power line workers had to get out somehow too. We saw 3 cute jack rabbits. :)
Then finally, we met up with civilization!! Hooray! Get me to a bathroom. Never have we been more grateful for paved road. I guess there was some big wreck. There were rumors that the highway was going to be closed for 6 hours. Guess we avoided that!!
The Camster proved us well. And today she got all cleaned up too! It is sure nice to be home. (and not on any reality tv shows!)

No comments:
Post a Comment