Saturday, May 12, 2012

 All summer long our lovely Magnolia Tree drops leaves.  (Strange, yes!)  So everyday someone gets to rake the leaves.  Yes, you read that right. EVERY SINGLE DAY!!!  Seriously, I know the kids hate it. It is rather annoying.  But we are grateful for the shade this lovely tree provides.

Riley, always one to do things his way, was given the assignment to rake the leaves.

I promise. We do own a rake.
 No rake needed for Riley.

He'd rather STAB each little leaf.  Good thing they are already dead.
Yes. What a nice collection.

Thanks for doing your part Riles.

PS
did you notice the wild hairdo?  Yes. That is what we call swim hair.  It is illegal to cut your hair during swim season. (I don't know where this law came from -- But Kevin always followed this law too.)  Riley has got some awesome swim hair.  His is most definitely the blondest of the swim team.

3 comments:

Marissa said...

hahaha!! I love how he is stabbing it with a BROKEN GOLF CLUB. and his hair is awesome!

Craig, Kimi, Eli, and Owen said...

Note to self: don't buy that tree! haha. I love the hair, it reminds me of my days in swim!

Mamawags said...

As messy as it is... it is a lovely tree in the winter. :) All green and beautiful blossoms. Idk if I would have it again--- it was here when we bought the house, so at least I can say it wasn't my choice. :)