It's that time of year again!
we live
we breathe
we soccer
I'm not even kidding! Riley & Andrea both made the JV soccer teams at school. It's still preseason-- but that doesn't mean they don't play a lot of soccer. They just completed a two day tournament. For me, that meant I watched 4 games on Friday and 5 games on Saturday. (NINE GAMES!!! but who's counting?)
I'm a dutiful mom. I watched every game.
Holy.
That was a lot of soccer.
I'm pretty sure I dreamt soccer last night.
It was a great tournament. Riley's team finally found their confidence and beat a team that had already beat them twice. It was wonderful vengeance. They were SO happy. It built their confidence and they won a few games. More than that, they started playing hard. It was great to see them pull it all together. I am sure next weekend's tournament will be great for them.
Andrea's team hasn't met much opposition yet. They tied one game on Friday-- so they were put in the 'silver' bracket for Saturday. They found success in every match and won the silver bracket. It was fabulous. Soccer is a relatively new sport for Andrea, but she is doing great. The 'real' season begins in January.
Brrrrr.
And we have get to go to more tournaments this weekend!!
Well played kids. Well played.
P.S.
I promise to take post pictures of Riley next week!

No comments:
Post a Comment