Saturday, September 10th marked Kevin's 22nd birthday!!
Today his sweet sister, Marissa, cooked him dinner and made him a birthday cake. I heard that she remembered to get candles, but didn't own a match!! So lighting them proved to be rather difficult :)
In my little world in Bakersfield, the wee hours of September 10th this year reminded me of the day Kevin was born. I started having contractions when we went to bed on the 9th. I was so uncomfortable that I moved out to the couch and watched TV all night long. I tried to sleep but those dang contractions kept coming!! In the morning we decided to head to the hospital. Kevin was already 10 days late!! He still took his sweet time coming and wasn't born until late afternoon on the 10th. Despite a few complications he was very healthy and huge-- all 8 pounds and 10 1/2 ounces!
We were and still are thrilled to have him in our family. His dad and I LOVED having him home with us this summer. He has always been a very helpful son. He has always been a very loud son too--- but we love all the noise that comes with him :)
Happy Birthday Kevin!
We love you!!
P.S. thanks Marissa for being such a great sister too!!



No comments:
Post a Comment