So, on Wednesday morning Andrea and I were just eating our cereal for breakfast. (Be proud because we had just gotten back from the gym!!) We thought it was going to be just an ordinary Wednesday....
We were SO wrong!
Then the phone rang! Typically when the house phone rings I have suicidal or psychopathic anger feelings. We got new phones awhile back and Riley thought it would be funny to change each phone to ring differently. I have found no such humor in this stunt. I should change them to something else... but honestly I forget about it until the phone rings. UGH!
Anyway, back to the story....
the phone rings. Andrea answers. The call is for Marissa. (strange-- we don't usually get calls for Marissa) This is a problem because Marissa is a little hard to get a hold of via telephone right now!! (for you late bloomers... she's currently in Germany.) And I know, our kids appear to be world travelers currently. I've got to be a college student again so that I can travel the world.....
Anyway, back to the story....
So Andrea is trying to tell the lady on the phone that Marissa isn't here. She puts it on speaker which allowed both of us to be somewhat confused. This lady knows some information on Marissa-- you know, like log in stuff for the school website. Kinda crazy. I take over the conversation at this point to explain that she is out of the country and you can't call her. Then the nice lady says... "Well. I'm just calling to inform her that she won a Dell Mini Netbook."
"WHAT?" I exclaim! "Are you kidding?"
She wasn't. Marissa completed a task online on the BYU site which automatically entered her into a contest and SHE WON!! How cool is that??? I said this is a great start to the day!! Pretty cool yes?
I had no idea that my day would get even better-- we got some incredibly great news at school about the state testing results! I won't bore you with that... it's mostly something that teachers go crazy about. It was so exciting and so great that a few people at work cried-- if that gives you any indication about how good it was!! (I didn't cry... I was just really happy fyi)
So.... a great day!! Winner Winner Chicken Dinner!


1 comment:
Hey, That IS cool. Both stories are exciting. I am happy for you school success. We are anxiously awaiting our news. Congrats! Good things are happening because you work hard and deserve the results. Yay.
Post a Comment