Here are the 'before' pictures. Kind of boring. I'm sure you agree that it needed some color!!
By some miracle, I woke up Saturday morning and thought, "THIS IS THE DAY!" I didn't hear voices. Angelic choirs didn't sing.
But I knew.
Deep, deep down in my soul I knew.
Jim went to work-- not his norm for a Saturday. I thought, "Won't he be surprised!!" (Unfortunately a blabber-mouth told him at work... so it wasn't a surprise any more, although he was still excited!-- note to self: when planning a surprise you can't just tell the kids that live at home, you must call and let all kids know!!)
Anyway. It was a glorius day. Andrea quickly volunteered and wanted to learn how to paint too. She was awesome. She never quit. It took us all day.
We listened to Christmas music too. And we loved (almost) every minute of it. Riley helped for a little while too. And although he proved not to be a huge help painting, he did make us some wonderful egg salad sandwiches for lunch. Thanks Riley!
And.... here it is:
Yes, I think I need new curtains or valances. One thing at a time though!
I love, love, love it. In the pictures it looks a little orangish... but it really isn't orange at all. It's true name is 'Cherry Tart'.
So, come on over.... we'll sip hot cocoa in our cheery red kitchen!!
9 comments:
I love it!! Ive always wanted a red kitchen!
it looks so great!!!
How awesome, way to go andrea! I love it.
and here are the pictures! ha ha... I just hadn't seen them pop up on google reader yet. it looks fun! Where is that window with the bar at? Did you build that recently? I am confused. I thought I knew the layout of that house pretty well. It has been a while though ----
it is awesome!!!! way to go!
Yep Tiffany... we've changed a few things :) Jim put in that bar and put that big 'hole' in the wall a couple of years ago. We love that too. It really opened up the downstairs. You must come over on your next visit home!!
way to go!! it looks excellent. by the way, I'm sorry I spilled the great secret...haha
waay cute! i don't have the guts for something like that...! Go you!
Yea! You finally did it! I'm so proud of you and it looks awesome!
Post a Comment