Saturday, November 28, 2009

Remembering Amanda

As you probably know, we lost our beautiful niece and cousin, Amanda, in September. Amanda was amazing. To honor her Aunt Cathy planned a beautiful opportunity for all of us to stop and remember her. We planted an Amanda Tree. We read Amanda's testimony and then planted the tree. We are grateful to have known Amanda and will remember her as we wait for the day that we can be with her again.

The circle of rocks reminded me of the temple and the opportunity I had to be sealed to my family. I am so grateful for my knowledge that families can be together forever.
I just had to add this picture of Ella. She was quite busy during our tree planting... She absolutely loves coming to Napa where there are 5 acres for her to roam around. There are a lot of deer here. I'm pretty sure Ella considers herself on Deer Patrol the whole time she is here. She even found a deer vertebrae (nice, I know). When we get home, she will sleep for days!
Here are three of my favorite girls!! (Relax everyone, I said three OF-- so they're not my only favorites!) Jacquie, Marissa, and Paige have had a great time in Napa. Marissa especially has loved the vacation from her studies. Just three weeks until she comes home for the winter break--hooray!!!

1 comment:

Cathy said...

Was so sweet to have so much family there. We are so richly blessed. I miss Amanda. I will take some pictures of the Amanda tree and the seasons change. I am so glad for the blessings of the temple.