Monday, June 24, 2013

Mufasa

Many, many years ago-- seriously, like in the 70's-- my family was on a trip. At least I think we were. I have a pretty good memory, but the trip part could be my imagination!!

Anyway. We went to a fabric store. My older sister, nancy, saw a fabric panel with a lion. Now, if you don't know my sister you must understand that she has always been the unique one. She was a tomboy-- that always had lots of boyfriends-- she loves, LOVES animals. This girl cried in 'King Kong' and laughed in 'Jaws'.

So, wanting a fabric lion head was no shock to any of us. I don't remember if it was going to be a wall hanging or a quilt, but it was purchased.

And seeing as how it wasn't a huge priority-- it sat on a shelf waiting to be sewn. It sat so long, it was long forgotten.

Fast forward 30 years. Upon our cleaning out closets after our dad passed away-- I pulled out this gem. We all had a good laugh and I took him home hoping to finish what my mom had planned to do.

It didn't happen quickly. But finally, Mufasa lives!!! I decided on a design and got this baby finished, almost in time for Nancy's 50th birthday.

I'm pretty sure she loved it. I kinda love it too!!! Even for a lion head....

No comments: