On January 1st, we headed to the Pacific Ocean. We camped-- yes in January we camped!!-- at Rufugio State Beach which is just north of Santa Barbara. It is an incredible beach to camp at. You are literally right on the beach. It was awesome. Well, most of it was awesome.
Watching the kids and Jim play football on the beach was awesome.
Riley still celebrating the new year was awesome.
Okay. no it wasn't.
Too bad he lost that squeaky thing. (prayers were answered!)
The sunset was AWESOME!!
I just couldn't take enough pictures of this. The sky was on fire. It was so beautiful.
This was awesome.
Have you met my awesome daughter, the writer?
Chilling with these two was awesome.
Lunch on the beach. Awesome.
We loved having Kevin & Jessica with us. The weather during the day was incredible. I can't like. The night was not awesome. The wind blew and blew and it was soooo cold. I froze all night. Not my favorite camping night. The days were so nice.
Look close. Jim and Marissa switched places!
We loved this trip so much we've decided it should be a tradition. A new tradition.
Perfect way to start the new year :)
And this. The Wagners are so competitive...
Ready?
It'll be posted tomorrow!!

3 comments:
You really can't beat California weather!! Looks like you guys had fun!
yay camping at the beach! I agree-let's go again next year! with warmer tents...somehow...
also, I can't wait for the next post!
I love family traditions! Looks like a great one!
Post a Comment