Here some activities that I LOVE doing with my students.
Seriously, whoever said school was boring was way off! I have the greatest class this year!!
To cap off our unit about the phases of the moon my students had to show each phase using oreos. This was their TEST! They all did a great job :)
It was a great way for them to demonstrate their knowledge!! They all earned and A+!
A big thank you to pinterest (my newest addiction for teaching!! and everything else!) To learn how to make contractions, we performed contraction surgery.
To be a surgeon you need a lot of knowledge and skill. The best part of the lesson (for me) was that they had to study the patient (the two words that make a contraction) and determine exactly how they would perform the surgery. Good surgeons just don't rush in and start cutting!!! Surgeons must be precise too.
Every surgery leaves a scar (good thing I have two awesome scars on my hand to illustrate this nicely.) Even contractions have a scar. We call it an apostrophe!! It shows that something happened where it sits.
I won't lie. This lesson was the BEST!! The students performed their surgery with exactness!
SO FUN TOO!!
and they got to keep their gloves and masks!

2 comments:
I can't get over that contraction surgery! it is so clever and fun. you are one heck of a teacher!!
Yes Judy-- it sounds like you are the best--I know that my kids would have loved that-- wont it be fun to see how many surgeons you are training!! I can hear their graduations speeches now!! " I would like to thank Mrs Wagner for inspiring me so long ago!!!" So cute!!
Post a Comment