Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Utah State WINNER

 Watch out world!!  Here is the new Utah State Champion Bridge builder!!

Kevin's bridge came first holding up 9497 pounds (which is almost as much as last year's national champion!).  This great honor also got him $200 cash as the grand prize!!

BYU's SAMPE club landed 1st place and 3rd place (Mark- his held 6852 pounds)-- shown here with Kevin.  2nd place's bridge held 8239 pounds in case you were wondering.

Kevin's bridge is made from carbon fiber.  He recently gave us a tour of the lab where he builds these bridges.  It is pretty cool. These bridges are amazingly light too.  Kevin is currently building a new bridge to send to the national competition!!  It would be awesome if he could win that little contest too :)

Congratulations Kevin!!

2 comments:

Brittani said...

WOW! So freakin awesome. I am so proud of my cousin that I showed everyone in my office this post!! Yahoo!

Anonymous said...

Way to go Kevin!!! Wow-- I bet you can win it!!XOXO, Aunt Cathy