Thursday, April 12, 2012

overnight oatmeal


so, I know this isn't our cooking blog...

but I've just found my new love.  OVERNIGHT OATMEAL!!

I made a sample of this last night, ate it this morning. And I'm in LOVE!  This was so, so, so yummy.  I'm a huge fan of oatmeal. But not so much when the weather is warmer... I can't believe how easy this is and how yummy it is. I can't wait to try all the different variations. The cool part is that you can make it however YOU like it.  

I'll be honest... I don't have the chia seeds yet-- so my first run wasn't as healthy as it could have been. I also didn't use greek yogurt, but I just didn't add as much milk.  I simply added 1 tsp of strawberry jam and 1/2 a sliced banana.  Holy goodness.

Here's some links:

This link has a few links on it that are worth visiting as well.  Now... I must find some chia seeds. They sound pretty incredible.


UPDATE:

Got the chia seeds. You don't even notice them!! They don't taste or 'crunch' so wow-- some serious nutrients are packed into those little babies.  I am SO in love with this oatmeal-- I was even craving it on my home from work today. You've got to try it!

4 comments:

Renée said...

chia seeds? Any relation to Chia Pets?

Mamawags said...

I'm scared to find the answer to that!! LOL-- they probably grow into chia pets!!

Heather said...

dude. i'm trying it.

Mamawags said...

Heather!! i hope you like it. Andrea and I are so hooked. :)