Thursday, April 21, 2011

Chickens

Our babies are getting bigger and sprouting some feathers!! We laugh when they hang their heads outside of the cage. Silly chickens. Hawk is closest, Eggzilla is near the corner.
They are rather camera shy. When the camera is in their cage they all run to the corner and then fight over who can get the furthest in. They also fight over poop, but will try to forget that! Nice bum shot Goldilocks!


Here are some brave souls: Hawk & Tiger up front, Goldilocks is checking out the camera from behind them.


Here are the lighter chicks.... Red is up front. Tiger is to the left and Goldilocks is in the back.


Aren't Red's feathers cute?? Her legs are starting to turn green too. That means she'll probably lay green eggs!!

I'll be sad to see my chickens leave. I don't know why, but I have always thought it would be cool to have chickens. Except for the chicken poop that is.



1 comment:

Renée said...

I love your chicks!! What a fun (and brave) teacher you are. Congrats on the hatchings!! :o)