Saturday, July 18, 2009

Girl's Camp 2009!

Jim, Marissa, Jacquie, Andrea, and I all enjoyed an incredible week at the Bakersfield Stake's Young Women's camp at Big Meadow. There was a Wagner on each of the 4 hikes this year. No one was more excited for camp than Andrea who was so happy to not have to stay home with the boys this year. Jim and I had the awesome opportunity to lead the 2nd year hike. This picture was taken from the rocks we climbed on our descent and looks out over Big Meadow. We hiked 9.4 miles with 25 2nd year girls! We had an amazing time.
Here is the family on Friday when Marissa returned from her hike. And yes, we all need a shower!
Jacquie was a youth leader for the 3rd year hike this year. They spend one night in the wilderness and also get to repel. Along with her leaders, Jacquie helped provide opporunities for the 3rd year girls to learn to hold to the rod. She had a great time.
Marissa was a youth leader for the 4th year hike. They spend two nights in the wilderness and have some amazing experiences. Along with the other leaders she helped the 4th year girls accomplish hard things and make a promise to themselves. Although Marissa had been suffering from a hurt back, she made it and did all that she had planned to do.
Here are the three Wagner girls together at Big Meadow.
Here are some adorable 1st year girls having fun at their 'dreaded' assignment!

Andrea was so happy to go to girl's camp she wasn't going to let ANYTHING dampen her spirit! It is a tradition at Big Meadow that the 1st year girls have latrine duty. "Fear not!", said Andrea. She smartly brought her dad's gas mask and even volunteered to be the stirrer!! What a great way to start off your years at Big Meadow :)

3 comments:

Brittani said...

the "stirrer" that is the grossest thing I have ever heard! I think I just threw up in my mouth a little bit

Tenille Gates said...

I ♥ girls camp! How neat for all of you to be there! Your family is just precious :0) Good to see ya'll had a fun time at good ol' big meadooooooow ;0)

Heather said...

Love it! I wish I had enjoyed girls camp like you guys obviously do. we jensens are not much the camping type and luckily Bruce isn't either. he does love a good hike though. really, i think we just enjoy a nice hot shower too much. Good thing we weren't pioneers, eh!?